Since the beginning of time, we were attracted to pets. It doesn’t matter if a pet is a fluffy or feathery fellow; nonetheless, we feel inclined to them. We may not want to believe this, but these beloved pets of ours can be the cause of extreme allergies. As much as we love playing with our pets, we don’t believe that they can be harmful or dangerous to our well-being in any case, but in some cases, they are. People who have pets with them are seen complaining about allergies or irritants and may worsen asthma if someone is already suffering.
Cats and dogs are fluffy fellows, but their smell and hair have the capability of causing allergies in human beings. The best air purifier for pet allergies and Asthma is a necessity for a home with pets.
How do Pet Allergies Develop?
We don’t like admitting the fact that our beautiful pets can be the cause of PET allergies. Pets themselves do not cause allergies. The protein in the skin cells, urine, or saliva of an animal can give allergic reactions to individual human beings.
As much as we would like to believe that pet allergy is not a big deal, this is not true. Pet allergies can be devastating to our respiratory system. If the precautionary measures are not taken, PET allergies’ symptoms can be as obvious as having a high fever, constant sneezing, and runny nose. In extreme pets, allergies can even cause asthma.
We all know that asthma is a terrible respiratory condition, and pet allergies can give us that.
The answer to the question is how pet allergies develop lies here. Once a human being is continuously having exposure to pet flakes of skin or hair, they may get into a pet allergy.
What kind of animal can give your pet allergies? Well, any animal with fur or feathers can give us pet allergies, but they are more commonly associated with cats. Cats are more capable of providing human beings with pet allergies, and they can be deadly at times if asthma gets too extreme.
Sometimes even after knowing that pets can cause PET allergy, we find it difficult to stay without our pets. The right strategy in this situation is to stay away from a pet. We know that that’s not a possibility most of the time, so what is the way out? An air purifier is a way out. If there is one thing that can cleanse your environment from any pet allergy, then it is the air purifier itself.
While pet allergies have the capability of giving you nasal congestion, postnasal drip, and cough facial pressure, an air purifier has the potential to make it alright. Air purifiers have brilliant air filters in them. We all know about the Exceptional filters called the right HEPA filter or an activated carbon filter. Both of these filters can do wonders for your environment. So if you have a pet with you and have a surety that your pet will give you a pet allergy, then make sure you have an air purifier.
You must know that air purifiers come with sensory detectors. You don’t have to put the air purifier in a place where you think there are more pet hairs; you need to switch it on. Once an air purifier is switched on, it will capture the allergic irritants from the environment.
Nothing has the capability of filtering your air more than an air purifier, and that is the reason why they are so good to have. Having an air purifier is essential when you have a pet. If you want a cost-effective solution, then consider our resource of best air purifiers under My Budget.
Here are Some Facts About Pet Allergies
Most of the households in the United States of America have dogs as their pet. The exciting thing in this regard is that though dogs are more in number, still pet allergies are more associated with cats. It is said that around 30% of people are more allergic to cats than dogs. Cat allergies are twice as common as dog allergies, and they can induce more irritants in an environment.
- Have you ever wondered how pet hair could cause allergies? Technically it is not the hairs that are causing the allergy but the protein in the pet hair that is the real culprit. Once this protein is in the bedsheets or the environment, it can cause allergies or irritants.
- The funny thing about pet allergies is that they are supposed to follow you everywhere. Not only do pet allergies have the capability of sticking to walls or carpets, but they also have the potential to circulate in the environment.
- One reason why you would like to tackle pet allergies is a harsh one. As much as these allergies are responsible for creating havoc in your respiratory system, they are also not suitable for your pet. It is said that even pets get affected because of these irritants that are always present in the environment.
- Children are more prone to pet allergies than adults, so if you have a child and a pet in the same house, then the chances are that your child will develop some horrible allergies later in life.
- It is said that it is always the best idea to be safe rather than sorry. There is not anything that has the potential of removing these allergies from your environment but an air purifier. Studies will help you understand if the best air purifiers for allergies and asthma are available. Having this asthma and allergy-friendly air purifier in your space will reduce your chances of getting into any respiratory chaos manifold.
Air purifiers work with filters, and a True HEPA filter has the potential of removing 99.97% of pet allergies from your environment. It doesn’t matter how hard the irritants are. Once the air purifier is switched on, all will be gone.
What is Asthma and How the Pets Contribute to it?
Asthma is associated with the lungs. It is a severe respiratory problem that arises in the bronchi of the lungs as spasms. These spasms cause extreme coughing, and certain irritants trigger them for allergy is in the environment.
Pets are cute creatures, but it is hard to believe that they can cause these irritants or allergies. Commonly, pets always shed hair in an environment, so they are sure to leave their traces wherever they go. For instance! Let’s say that you have a dog with you, and he is roaming around in your environment. This way, he is sure to leave his hair almost everywhere.
The pet dander or hair can go to your system through your nasal passage and from there into your lungs. If these irritants are in the lungs, they are sure to cause spasms in the lungs’ bronchi that can trigger asthma. Patients with asthma can get into extreme coughing or breathing problems in the presence of pet irritants.
These irritants have the capability of sticking on your carpets or your walls, and they are not going to get away unless there is an air purifier. Any irritant in the environment can trigger asthma and pet allergies.
No amount of homemade remedies will make these allergies go away but an air purifier. Not only do air purifiers have sensors, but they also have filters. With filters and sensors, air purifiers can rid your space of any pet allergens or irritants. We all know that a pure HEPA filter has the capability of removing 99.97% of these allergens from your environment. If you have asthma, make sure that you have an air purifier, so the irritants in your space do not trigger you.
Which Filters are Useful in Removing Pet Allergies and Asthma Triggers?
As much as we love having pets around, they may not be suitable for our respiratory system. Patients who have asthma can suffer more from pet allergies, as well. We all love it when our pets roam around us, but this roaming can cost us our respiratory system. As long as a pet is alive and is walking or running in your home, the chances are that the pet allergens will stay in the environment.
- It doesn’t matter how many homemade remedies you apply; nothing is going to help. There is but one solution, and that requires the application in this scenario. If you have a pet with you, make sure that you have an air purifier. An air purifier is a powerful mechanical device, and it has the capability of removing pet allergies or asthma triggers from your environment. Once an air purifier is switched on, then it will be trapping the pet allergens from your space.
- When you go out to buy an air purifier, you get the one with a HEPA filter. A true HEPA air filter is beneficial, and this mechanical device has the potential of trapping the circulating dander or hairs in the environment. We all know that the dead skin of pets or their hair causes respiratory allergies. In the presence of an air purifier, this allergy will get trapped in the air filter. According to different researches, a pure HEPA filter can remove 99.99% of pet allergies or asthma triggers from your environment.
- It has a robust system, and it traps pet irritants from space. An air purifier has a sensitive detector, and it has the potential of automatically detecting viruses in the environment. Other than this, if you are tired of continually smelling the smell of your pet, then an air purifier can help with that as well. An activated carbon filter in an air purifier has the potential of ridding your space from pet smells.
- A pure HEPA filter air purifier is a mechanical device, and it works by forcing the air into an environment. Once the air force is there, then it doesn’t matter what is in the space; it will be trapped in its powerful claws.
What are the Benefits of Having an Air Purifier in Your Environment?
There are several benefits of having an air purifier in your environment, and we are going to talk about these benefits right away.
It is said that a person is safer in his home. This may not be true if you have asthma and a pet as well. Pets are going to shed hair continually, and these hairs are the biggest asthma triggers. Without an air purifier, it is almost stupid to have a pet roaming around you when you have asthma.
An air purifier can beautifully benefit you. A pure HEPA filter in an air purifier will remove the allergies from your environment like they never existed. Not only do air purifiers come with beautiful filters, but they also come with amazing sensory detectors. You don’t have to switch on the air purifier and then keep on roaming with it to trap the irritants from the environment. It will do this automatically. If there is one way through which you can save your asthmatic self full of pets, then it is an air purifier.
Air purifiers successfully decrease the chances of making your respiratory system sick in the presence of irritants, dust mites, or asthma triggers in your environment.
The LED light of an air purifier is a sure-shot way of detecting pet allergens in an environment. An air purifier also comes with a sensitive detector, which identifies the allergies automatically.
Pet hairs have the capability of circulating in your space, and an air purifier can take care of them. Once an air purifier is switched on, it will filter the whole room quickly. After filtering the place, an air purifier makes sure that it circulates the healthy air back into the environment.
We don’t say that you don’t need to keep pets with you if you have asthma. We are just saying that an air purifier is a must if you want to breathe in an air that is safe and pure. Sometimes asthma gets triggered in the presence of a pet’s smell. If there is anything in the world that can take care of PET smells, then it is the activated carbon filter in an air purifier. Make sure you have an air purifier with you if you want to keep pets.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Air Purifiers safe for pets?
An air purifier is only safe for you and your pet if certified by carb, AHM, or any other safety management program. Some air purifiers in the market EMIT ozone, and it is never a good idea to buy such air purifiers. Just buy those air purifiers that are certified because they are safe to use. Make sure you get yourself a pure HEPA filter or carbon-activated filter in an air purifier for best use.
Is it ok to leave the air purifier on all night?
There is no harm in leaving the air purifier all night, but make sure you use some other strategy. When you buy an air purifier, buy such an automatic air purifier; this way, after capturing or tapping the allergens from the environment, the air purifier will switch off automatically, leaving you the trouble to switch it off.
Do air purifiers collect pet hairs?
Yes! If you buy an air purifier with the right HEPA filter, it will collect or trap the pet hairs effectively. A True HEPA filter is capable of accumulating as small pet dander’s from the environment as 0.03 microns.
Other than this, it is also said that a pure HEPA filter will remove 99.9 87% of irritants from your environment.
Do air purifiers collect pet smells?
If you have an air purifier with a carbon-activated filter in it, it will remove the pet smell from your space. So far, this very filter is the best to remove the smell of pets from any environment because it captures gases.
Pets are cute, and in the presence of an air purifier, there is no need to send them to people who don’t have asthma. Just make sure that you buy an air purifier when purchasing a pet if you have asthma or any respiratory problem. This practice alone will leave your environment pure and healthy. An air purifier is your best friend, and it should be in your space if you have asthma and a pet. Make sure you buy such purifiers that have HEPA or Carbon activated filters. These purifiers will give you a chance to play with your pet the way to want to.
Be safe with Air Purifiers.