Whether it is a home, commercial area, workplace, or mall, the security camera is the greatest companion. Standalone smart cameras are becoming increasingly popular these days. The reason behind this is these smart devices operate on the principles of the Internet of Things (IoT).
It means that they are internet-enabled devices that connect and operated using WI-FI. This writing piece will look into the best smart camera that can be used for security purposes.
What are Smart Security Cameras, and Why You Need Them?
In definition, a security camera is a small, installable camera device that serves security through active surveillance and monitoring. Both outdoor and indoor cameras offer protection against potential intruders and theft.
In addition to that, they give you full monitoring access, even when you are not present in the very building. Some of the reasons why you’d need a security camera are discussed below.
- Theft prevention: A security camera outside the house or a shop can act as an anti-theft device. Any potential burglar will not dare enter the premises if a security camera is installed.
- Monitoring and surveillance: Security cameras are perfect for the surveillance of an area, indoor or outdoor. You can keep an eye on everything by installing a security camera.
- Workplace safety: Even in the workplace environment, security cameras are used to ensure the safety of the employees. Any mishap can be recorded on camera, and police can take counteraction against the culprit.
- Security measure: Overall, the purpose of a security camera is to ensure safety by acting as a security measure. Monitoring and security work in sync with each other to prevent vandalism, theft, and burglaries.
- Indoor observation: You might need a security camera as a nanny cam or keep an eye on your toddler in another room inside the house. Security cameras also serve that purpose.
1. Arlo Pro 3 – Wire-Free Security 2 Camera System
- 2k video with zoom option — high-quality video recording system, with zoom in for details
- Night vision in color — works at night without blinding out the observable colors
- Cloud recording for up to 30 days — record video and store on the cloud for free for a month
Highly-equipped with tons of features is what Arlo brings for your home security. You can form a perimeter around your house by using several cameras. Luckily, you can buy 6 cameras pack to form a fully-integrated camera surveillance system.
No nook or corner will remain blind or dark after installing the complete system. It is a battery-powered camera that does not need wired installation. Most cameras record night vision in black and white. Arlo is one efficient device that does not block out the colors even at night. In fact, the gadget lets you record the video in color.
You will not need to charge the battery frequently. A three hours charge lasts for three to six months. The option to integrate the spotlight is also available. Scary away the unwanted visitors with automatic syncing lights.
Unlike the complicated installation of screws and wire, this device has a simple installation process. Magnetic mounting is effortless to do, and your camera will be up and running in no time. It is a smart camera with virtual assistant activation and control system. Designed particularly for the outdoors, the camera is highly weather resistant.
- Place order in the packs of up to 6 devices
- Perfect for outdoor installation
- Extended battery life for longer recording
2. Wyze Cam Wi-Fi Indoor Smart Home Camera with Night Vision
- PTZ integration — the camera is equipped to do pan, tilt, and zoom to give you a 360O view
- Night vision — night vision featured with infrared bulb let you see and monitor in the dark
- Voice control — it is voice-controlled and can take verbal cues to perform that given command
Ensure security for both indoors and outdoors through a smart security camera. If you want to know who is at your door or what your pet does when you go to work, then this device is perfect for you. The elegant device in the white casing works interruption-free on Wi-Fi. Moreover, its voice command is enabled and synchronizes with virtual assistants like Alexa and google assistant.
All the videos are transmitted to your cellphone on the associated app in real-time. That is not it! All those videos are recorded in HD.
With app-based invites, you can give your whole family access to video monitoring. Two-way audio communication is also possible between the users. The camera is equipped with a sound and motion sensor.
Whenever it detects an anomaly, it follows and records a short clip of twelve seconds. Moreover, you can also keep thorough video recordings on the free-cloud storage. It can be 14-day worth of data. Through the app, you can also enable push notifications in that why the camera lets you stay on top of the game by notifying any activity.
- Perfect for indoors and to monitor insides of the house
- Push notification and alert in case of motion detection
- Free cloud storage for the recording
3. CANARY All-in-One Indoor 1080p HD Security Camera
- Chargeable and no wires — wire plugged power system is not needed as the camera runs on the battery
- 1080p video resolution — view and record in a clear video without low-quality pixelated feed
- Wi-Fi connectivity along with app — sync with the app to control all the functions of the camera
Canary brings you one of the best monitoring system right to the comfort of your home. Video surveillance and monitoring have never been easier. Its built-in features not only keep your home secure but also look out for changes and sudden activities. With its motion detection features, you’ll know what is going on all day of the time.
You can also monitor the environmental factors that can’t be observed without a robust sensing system. What you don’t feel and see, Canary does! Equip your cell phone with the connected app and watch the live video feed.
The camera also comes with a built-in microphone. In that way, you’ll hear what is going on in a crystal clear sound. For holistic security, the app connects with the police and fire department of the area. Depending on the enable feature, it can notify the authorities about the possible intrusion.
The alarm system and siren with the noise well of 90+ decibels are also present. It will ring up in case of any unwanted visitors. The surveillance does not stop even at night time. Night vision keeps the premises secure and visible, even in total darkness.
- Battery-powered, cable source not needed
- Alarm system to scare off intruders
- 147o lens view that lets you see in maximum directions
4. YI Indoor Wireless WiFi Security IP Camera
- Panoramic coverage — scanning view covers all directions and does not leave out any blind spots
- Table-top camera design — it doesn’t require installation to be working; just a table would suffice
- 2-way audio system — seamless communication system for the two-way noise-free conversation
If you are looking for a perfect indoor day and night companion, then, YI wireless masterpiece is just what you need. It is a tabletop design that can safely be placed over the table or countertop.
The entire room’s panoramic view is possible through its wide-angle lens with both vertical and horizontal rotation systems. For the live video stream, the app has to be installed and synced with the camera. This portable device can also be used as a baby monitor or pet cam. The low-intensity LED lighting system for night vision will not disturb the sleeping baby or pet.
In addition to that, it has an anti-noise two-way communication system for a seamless bi-directional audio experience. Two modes, hands-free mode, and intercom let you communicate however you like. When you are going out, you can enable activity alerts to update any ongoing changes.
You can also use the auto cruise facility. This feature repetitively scans that whole room at all degrees. The device also comes with a one-year warranty. High-levels of customizability let you plan the activity and settings in the way you like. It is user-friendly and highly intuitive.
- Table-top friendly design
- Simple and streamline app interface
- Real-time activity monitoring and motion detection system
5. Google Nest Cam Indoor
- 24/7 live video surveillance — take control of everything that goes on inside your house while being away
- Elegant, state-of-the-art design — nest cam is a perfect design that is both functional and innovative
- Remote control through the app — control how the camera functions and operate by installing its app
The all-new Google Nest Cam is not the security you want; it’s the security you need. With the two-factor authentication, the Google Nest Cam makes sure that only you have access to private footage of your home or workspace, and no one dares to invade your privacy! Even in your absence.
A 130-degree wide-angle view makes sure that nothing stays hidden from its line of sight. Moreover, night vision takes everything into confidence. With the two-way audio system with speaker and microphone, it makes you stay connected with your loved ones at home, even if you are away.
The most interesting feature about your Google Nest Cam is that you can control it from anywhere. All you need is WiFi access, and everything is just a fingertip away. Unlike other stock camera footage, the Google Nest Cam has 1920 by 1080 HD resolution and 8 times optical zoom. This will give you a realistic and detail-oriented view. The installation is easy and simple, and the mobile app even notifies you when there is an activity.
- Perfect of indoors and prolonged recording
- Two-factor authentication for the ultimate security
- Free 30-days trial period on the devices
6. Echo Show 5 Sandstone with Blink Mini Indoor Smart Security Camera
- The 110-degree view — is enough to give full coverage to a room.
- Adjustable sensitivity — levels let you increase or decrease the alarm sensitivity to motion.
- Physical shutter — covers the camera, so you don’t have to worry about the camera recording all the time.
Echo show 5 and the blink Mini’s minimalist design makes an impressive pair for security on a budget. The blink mini gives a nice 1080p live view and is also fairly affordable. The camera features a super-sensitive motion detector that is quick to alert you of any activity in the configured room.
You get a 110-degree view through the camera, which should be more than enough to keep an eye on all corners of your room. What sets it apart from other entry-level security cameras is its night vision. When all the lights are off, it can record more crisp footage than other cameras at this price point.
Coming to the audio quality, it allows two-way audio chats that are noise-free and super accurate. The audio quality is what makes it the best bet for a pet monitoring cam. The Eco show 5 perfectly pairs with this little camera to allow you access to a myriad of even more advanced features.
The Alexa enabled Eco show lets you manually change when you want to get alerts about movements, and when you don’t. Moreover, it also lets you adjust the motion sensitivity levels, so you don’t have to get bombarded with alerts every time your cat runs around the house.
- Crisp clear 1080p video.
- Super sensitive motion detection.
- No option for local storage.
7. Pan Tilt Outdoor Security Camera
- Motion — can trigger both strong Led alarms and sirens to scare away any intruders.
- Sturdy alloy build — can withstand extreme weather conditions.
- Video output for night vision — mode is impressively colorful.
PAN TILT is one of the more affordable pan/tilt security cameras on the market. Besides all the basic features that we expect in a security camera, this one also has multiple alarm modes. Upon motion detection, you only get alerted, but the camera also activates motion sensor lights. This one is beneficial for monitoring your backyard or the front door. You also get an impressively clear video quality at 1080ps, and the night vision recordings are impressively colorful.
With the superior quality connectivity, the camera ensures that you get a seamless live view without lagging. Moreover, for added utility, the camera is compatible with multiple security software, including Blue iris, iSPY, and Security Spy. Overall, the camera packs all the basic features and more in a fairly affordable price tag. If you are looking for something specifically for outdoor monitoring, this one is your safest bet.
- Motion-triggered light and siren alarms.
- Tolerant to extreme weather conditions.
- No option for zooming in.
8. Geeni Look Indoor Smart Security Camera
- AL Support — The camera is compatible with both Alexa and Google Assistant.
- Resolution — can be adjusted to a lower quality during slower internet.
- Bendable and flexible mount — can be set up at any angle.
The Geeni Look 2 is the perfect budget-friendly security cam for anyone looking to get something substantial yet affordable. It packs all the quintessential features, including a two-way audio chat, motion detection, and both day and night vision. The camera can be hooked up with both Alexa or Google Assistant.
Along with all these features, you get an impressively minimalist and on-trend design that would go along with any interior style. Instead of the conventional mountable stand, it has a bendable stem so that you can set it up in literally any shape or angle. Its performance and functionality give a crystal clear view of your house at 1080p resolution.
You can adjust the resolution to a lower 720p if you have a slow internet connection. Moreover, it helps you avoid the long-term costs of cloud storage that are pretty common with modern security cameras. You get the option to record everything on an SD card. This makes it an overall budget-friendly purchase as you won’t be paying any heft monthly prices for cloud storage.
- Local storage up to 128GB.
- Colorful and crisp night vision.
- Short cord limits movement.
9. Kasa Indoor Smart Home Camera by TP-Link
- Local and Cloud Storage — The camera offers both local and cloud storage options.
- 8x zoom in — You can access a more zoomed-in view up to 8x.
- Specific motion zones — you customize up to 4 specific motion zones.
The Kasa Ec60 security camera is the perfect all-rounder for indoor monitoring. You get both cloud and local storage options, which can be hard to find together. The camera lets you choose up to 4 custom motion zones; this means you can pick 4 areas that you especially want and don’t want to receive alerts on.
With this feature, you can set the device to alert you if there is movement near the door but not to alert you for the movement near the TV or couch, etc. This feature is mostly a paid feature in most security cameras and having it as a free feature makes the camera just much more appealing.
Coming to its performance, it has one of the best night vision. It can detect motion from up to 30 ft. away, which is more than enough for monitoring a room. The camera also incorporates an 8x zoom feature, which is again a premium, paid feature in most security cameras but free and built-in in this case.
- Zoom up to 8 times.
- Option for 4 custom motion zones.
- Disconnects over a weaker internet connection.
10. Indoor Home Security Camera
- Chunky, solid base — prevents falling in case of pets walk nearby the camera.
- Full 355-degree view — of the whole configured area.
- Built-in noise reduction — sends out crystal clear audio.
The Littlef security camera gives great quality live streams and recordings at the 1080p resolution. If you have pets at home, you would want something with a chunkier base; with this one, you won’t have to worry about your cat or dog knocking it down on the floor. The camera is compatible with both a Wi-Fi connection and also Ethernet cable.
Coming to the other features, you get a 355-degree horizontal view and a 110-degree vertical view. The two-way audio chat has built-in noise reduction, so while you remain up to date with your home, you don’t get bombarded with too many unnecessary sounds either.
The camera can automatically adjust to day/night vision mode as your room gets darker, so you don’t have to manually set it up every day or pre-schedule for the whole month.
- 355-degree view coverage.
- Built-in noise reduction.
- Cloud storage needs to be paid for.
Security is the topmost priority of each and everyone these days. Nothing can make you more guarded than a smart security camera. The adorable security camera help individuals to be more secure in their home.
Some of the best pieces have been reviewed for your kind convenience. We hope that you get the one that is appropriate to your security needs